CK Has Left The Building!

#CKStrong

After 345 consecutive days in the hospital, we are happy (and giddy) to announce that our Carol K (CK) has finally been released from the hospital!

We want to thank everyone, and we mean everyone, across the world for lifting her up during this difficult past year. I firmly believe she would not have made it without all your support and energy. We are all in this game of life together, folks, and it helps to know your fellow citizens of the world are pulling for you. To the boys in Argentina, her friends in Hong Kong, Australia, Europe, and all over the world, we thank you so much.

Very few gave Carol a chance, including some of the best doctors in the world. The fact her stem cell transplant took on the first go-around is…well… in the words of Al Michaels,

Do you believe in miracles?”

I think we said our final good-byes at least 4x, and she had the equivalent of her last rites read more than President Kennedy before he became the POTUS.

It is unlikely Carol will ever run a marathon or play in the Stanley Cup Finals as she still faces several health challenges but she is back home now with her daughter, and for that we celebrate!

What a tough fighter!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to CK Has Left The Building!

1. Chang, Joyce says:

I am happy to read this new and blessings to your family – Joyce

2. Leonardo says:

When I first read the title I had a bad feeling but then happiness overwwhelmed me. That’s very good news, God bless good Carol.

3. Joe R. says:

Great to hear & best wishes!

4. macromon says:

Thanks, Jo Jo Get Back!

Jo Jo was a man
    Who thought he was a loner
    But he knew it couldn’t last
    Jo Jo left his home in Tuscon, Arizona
    For some California grass

• Joe R. says:

I am not a Beatles fan Gregor! I do like this Brazilian take on Jimi’s ‘Hey Joe’ a lot though. It is adequately adapted for Portuguese with a storyline from a favela and a big dose of Bob Marley added too. Enjoy the celebrations there!

5. Anonymous says:

Thats so womderful and 😎!!!