- Volatility: how ‘algos’ changed the rhythm of the market – FT
- Shelter From the Storm in 2019, Barry Eichengreen – Project Syndicate
- Seoul bears bad news for the globe – Nikkei Asian Review
- As China’s economy gets the chills, some California firms catch a cold – LA Times
- Why the world economy feels so fragile, Martin Wolf – FT
- One Russian in Four Lacks an Indoor Toilet, One of Many Signs There are Now ‘Four Distinct Russias’ – Johnson’s Russia List
- Emerging Markets Get Goldilocks Feel as Risk-Buying Returns – Bloomberg
- Even Bond Traders Don’t Believe This Rally – Bloomberg
- Is Apple still a ‘forever’ company? How about Facebook? – AEI
- The fate of the dollar will shape financial markets in 2019 – Economist
- The hedge funds that are doing the most hiring right now – efinancialcareers
- Lessons from history on the dangers of blind trust in data – FT
- Will Machine Learning Transform Finance – Yale Insights
- Xi’s US strategy recalls Mao’s ‘protracted war’ – Nikkei Asian Review
- China’s team of crack trade negotiators will extract their ‘pound of flesh’, experts say – SCMP
- Second Brexit referendum calls grow as Keir Starmer tells Corbyn it
could be ONLY way out – Express
- Warnings From Versailles – Foreign Affairs
Golf-Home Owners Find Themselves in a Hole – WSJ
Tax champions: how much do the French really pay?
Help keep the lights on at the Global Macro Monitor.
Contribute any amount based on your perception of our value added by clicking the PayPal donate widget at the right side of the screen. Thank you!
Pingback: Weekend Read – WorldoutofWhack
Excellent. GREAT assemblage. Thank you!