The map [below] allows you to see the median home price for each county. Applying the House Price Index growth from FHFA to the latest housing data from the American Community Survey (ACS), we calculated a median home value for 3,119 counties and county-equivalents in the United States. Home values represent the value of all homes instead of home sales.
Here is the list of the counties with the highest median home values in the 4th quarter of 2021:
- Nantucket County, MA: $1,370,520
- New York County, NY: $1,306,210
- Santa Clara County, CA: $1,253,400
- San Mateo County, CA: $1,247,070
- San Francisco County, CA: $1,230,800